Castlemaine stone in Melbourne is a product unique to Yarrabee and Castlemaine; and one that we're very proud to offer. This material is only mined from one quarry in Victoria, and we have been mining it since 1953. Our paving contractors and masons find this material adaptable and easy to work with, and its popularity comes from its natural beauty and durability.
It can be used in a variety of applications, as paving, in dry-stone wall construction, cladding or in a feature garden landscape. Whatever the use, it is a versatile and attractive material to work with.
We offer a variety of shapes, sizes and styles for our flagship Castlemaine stone in Melbourne, including:
- Random 'crazy' paving: the paving is sorted into various thicknesses to suit specific applications, from wall cladding (10-20mm), general paving (20-30mm or 30-40mm) or "thick" paving (40-50mm or 50-70mm) or selected stone for pool coping.
- Spalls: walling material about 200-700mm long by 150-500mm high and up to 350mm deep, with a reasonably flat top, bottom and one face. Often used when building walls, fences and houses.
- Natural Strata walling: a walling material generally used as cladding, 200-500mm long and 30-120mm high, up to 130mm deep.
- Country Blend Walling stone comprising a blend of Spalls and Builders Wallers for a real "old cattleman's hut" look
- Landscape slabs: various sized large slabs designed for landscape use. We also offer large flat pieces of Castlemaine stone in Melbourne for garden steps.
- Garden rocks: football-sized and larger rocks, ideal for garden work.
To discuss our Castlemaine stone in Melbourne, please give us a call and speak to one of our paving experts today.